Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I love Couponing!!!


I have found my new favorite sport!! Finding, clipping, organizing, and using coupons has become awesomely fun and financially satisfying! I've been doing pretty well. There have been a couple episodes where I have made a mistake with the sale or haven't thought the cost versus coupon through, but it has paid off to learn from those mistakes! For example! I just got back from Smiths where they are having their last day of $3 off Now and Later 10 items sale (also known as a great Catalina! or in Smith's case a Daytona)so I researched the store ad, Krazy Coupons Lady, Coupon Mom, and Savvy Shopper Deals all this afternoon and found a way to get a great deal on pasta and laundry soap (two things that are always worth a trip to the store). Here's my shopping cart:
5 Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta On sale $1.29 - Coupon $1 off 1
5 Purex Laundry Detergent 50 oz Catalina sale $2.39 - Coupon $3 off 1 (I was hoping it would work!!!
3 Gatorade 32 oz Catalina sale $0.69
1 Shout Catalina sale $2.19
1 Ocelo sponge pack Catalina $2.99

I only got the Shout, Gatorade and sponges because they were part of the sale and it's stuff we use. If I had stuck with just gatorade I think the store would have been paying me to shop! It was pretty close as it was. The total came to $6.36 including tax and a 5% student discount. But then I got a $3 off Catalina to use at Smiths (part of the Daytona sale) which is like dropping the cost to $3.36 - I was pretty stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment