Saturday, August 29, 2020

...10 Years Later

  Huh, this is an interesting opportunity....

I created this blog 10 years ago. At the time, I had one baby girl and had just completed a degree in Exercise Wellness. Now, I have five kids, survived my husband going to med school, and now pushing through residency.

I remember wanting to help others stay or become health oriented as they raised their families, move on in their careers, and follow their dreams.  In other words, don’t forget to take care of your body and minds as life takes off! full blast, with the seat belt barely buckled!

That's how I feel the last 10 years of my life has been. I’m sure that’s how a lot of you feel, like you accidently sat in a roller coaster and now you’ve upside down and sideways. As we begin each new year, goals are much the same; lose weight, eat healthy, move more. And each year, life has escalated exponentially. The priority of fitting back into that dress has been replaced with other financial, family, and personal priorities. Which makes sense, we have big issues to deal with!

I love that movie, ‘The Princess Bride’. I love the romance and chivalry! It does make you think, when the man with six fingers on his hand says, “If you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything.” How apparent that has been as I’ve gotten older, and as this pandemic has reared its ugly face. Before, I wanted to be healthy just for myself and to care for my family. Now I want to be healthy to survive whatever the four horseman of the apocalypse wants to throw this month!

So! If you happen to be reading this, just know that this are my own personal thoughts, just dropping out of my (likely biased) head. My paradigm is that we reap what we sow. But bad things still happen to good people, and we can work through it. We can do hard things! Take that! Corona!

   

  July 2010

   

July 2020

   

No comments:

Post a Comment